Aviation and Aerospace Specialist
The individual will be responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities within an assigned market/territory. Provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company sales strategy… Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the specialty sales marketing area of Engineered Products and contributes to the overall profitability of the Company.
Prospect and cold call new accounts (military/commercial) while maintaining and gaining account penetration of existing ones. Work with procurement, tooling engineers, maintenance & ground support people. Set up lunch and learns to present AeroStep’s product line and capabilities. Project management is a key responsibility in this.
• Develops business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
• Responsible for sales market and territory growth
• Presents sales leads and prospects.
• Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
• Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
• Conducts one-on-one review with Sales Manager, and Sales VP to build more effective communications channels, and to provide insight for territory sales and activity performance.
• Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
• Maintains accurate records of all pricing, sales, and activity reports submitted to Engineering
• Creates and conducts proposal presentations and RFP responses.
• Assists/supports other Sales Account personnel as necessary in preparation of proposals and presentations.
• Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
• May participate in Sales project teams as required
• Strives to increase Brand Market awareness
Relationships and Roles:
Internal / External Cooperation/Communication.
• Maintains contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
• Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.as necessary
• Coordinates/Communicates Sales activities with Engineering and Customer Service departments
• Communicates outside territory prospects through appropriate channels and follows-up to insure client contact is made
• Participates in Sales and Market Strategy meetings as required
Job Specifications /Essential Functions:
• 5-7 years of experience in sales management prefer experience with Engineered Products to Market.
• Experience with enterprise software solutions
• Extensive experience in all aspects of Supplier Relationship Management.
• Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
• Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals.
• Proven leadership and ability to drive sales initiatives
• Strong Sales Acumen and willingness to close the “Sale”
• Must possess the Highest Moral and Ethical Standards of Behavior
• Adept focused, analytical, and detail oriented sales personality required
The successful candidates may live in their territory or they may fly to the territory. Travel requirements are approximately 50% to customer’s facilities.