Black Steel Welder
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Responsible for various types of weld preparation, welding and weld finishing operations to manufacture product to customer drawings, specifications, or other forms of instruction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform proficient welding techniques to AWSD 1.1, 1.2
• Read, interpret and fit to dimensions on detailed structural and pipe drawings.
• Process inspection, certification, and documentation for job assignment(s)
• Finish grinding applications using manual and power tools as required.
• Reading of proper fitting tools required for job, including but not limited to tape measure, square & angles, protractor degrees.
• Complete and understand all necessary weld/machine setup parameters (amps, volts, etc.)
• Adhere to all safety regulations and requirements
• Preform general housekeeping duties within assigned area
• Adhere to all Quality Standards
• Perform all other job duties as assigned by the Work Center Lead or Production Manager.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
Minimum Education Required: High School diploma or equivalent
Minimum Experience Required: 3-5 Years Fitting/Welding in Structural and/or Pipe applications
Other Requirements: N/A
• Ability to stand and walk continuously (75% or more)
• Ability to bend, stoops, twists, reach, kneel, climb, and handle/manipulate frequently
• Ability to lift 75-100 lbs. frequently (25%-75%)
• Ability to push and pull 100 lbs. or more frequently (25%-75%)
Description of working conditions/surroundings: Manufacturing environment