SixAxis designs and manufactures advanced products here in America that increase safety and boost productivity around the globe. We innovate new products and processes for our customers that drive safer, smarter, and more effective solutions. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility has been expanded multiple times over the past decade to accommodate our continued growth. Come join our team! On-boarding, training, and meetings take place at our headquarters in Andrews, SC but the right individual can perform the majority of this position from home.
Responsible for set-up and operation of CNC and manual equipment according to Standard Work Instructions (SWI), part print specifications, and work orders. Performs regular equipment inspection and measures dimensions to produce parts according to production instructions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews work orders and drawings to set-up, adjust, and safely operate equipment according to machine programs/part specs
- Writes machining programs, programs parts on machine, selects proper tooling, and develops efficient processes to produce parts to specifications
- Documents daily production and machine performance data in support of the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) program
- Performs operator daily maintenance of machine and tooling as required
- Maintains a safe work environment, operates within OSHA guidelines and utilize required PPE and LOTO procedures
- Performs first part inspections and makes all necessary machine adjustments required to guarantee the parts are dimensionally within tolerance
- Utilizes measuring devices such as protractor, calipers, micrometer, thickness gage, machinist square, tape measure, dial indicator, and other measuring devices to check and verify accuracy of work
- Makes machine/program adjustments to compensate for variation from drawing tolerances.
- Participates in daily shift meetings and reviews work orders to preform daily work
- Recommends drawing changes, equipment changes or improvements, reduces setup time and tooling costs
- Observes machine to detect malfunctions and faults and communicates observations with team lead/maintenance personnel
- Participates in Kaizen activities to support continuous improvement to identify areas for process improvement, cost and waste reduction
- Maintains tooling and machines at the Operator level in support of the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) program
- Maintains 6S workplace organization
- Other duties as business needs dictate
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree in related field preferred
- Must have 2-4 years’ experience in the CNC machine tool/machining field and knowledge of tooling, tooling setups, tool selection, and conversational programming
- Proficient in reading drawings, geometric dimensioning and tolerances (GT&D), specifications, and working from standard work instructions
- Ability to set-up and run vertical mills and engine lathes
- CAM software experience
- Continually updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications
- Team player who lifts the performance of the entire team
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explores opportunities to add value
- Lean manufacturing experience preferred
- Displays respect for, and demonstrates ability to deliver quality work in a safe manner
- Work in an efficient and timely manner
- Willingness to work overtime on a regular basis
- Able to stand for long periods of time, lift and carry products and/or equipment of up to 50 lbs.