PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
The cost accountant position is accountable for the ongoing analysis of process costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. They also construct and monitor applied costs and to appropriate levels of information to management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and maintain system to apply direct labor, indirect labor, and factory overhead to manufactured parts
• Develop, with the assistance of operations, a standard costing system including time studies as needed fine tune standards as agreed with management
• Work with management to determine product information needs
• Work with production operations to develop costing and data needs
• Work with production operations to develop costing standards and review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies and variances
• Rearrange product groups and work closely with management to develop product line related financial data.
• Development and maintain system for work center and related reporting for operations
• Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
• Determine costing rates for the various work centers at various levels of production
• Update applied overhead rates appropriately based on production forecast.
• Assist quoting team with appropriate “transfer” standard costs data
• Assist with the mapping of ERP costing functions
• Costs replacement parts
• Review and post work orders as needed
• Post packings slips as needed
• Assist with job costing as needed
• Reports and analysis as requested
• Product margin analysis has directed
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Conceptual thinking- applies common sense, theory and experience to decision making; interprets data for discrepancies and trends and recognizes subtle patterns; identifies key issues or uses inductive reasoning for complex situations.
• Action oriented- persists and finishes projects despite obstacles or re-directs when necessary; acts and addresses opportunities with little supervision; meets/manages deadlines and take the extra steps to go the extra mile
• Flexibility: readily adapts to changes, opinions, tactics and strategies to different situations or changing priorities.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Keeps work area organized
• BS Degree is preferred
• Intermediate Power Point, Word, Excel and Outlook skills, uses technology to improve processes
• Ability to work under pressure & manage stress
• Strong ability to execute and follow-through
• Exceptional attention to detail skill