Customer Service Rep
Answers internal, external, and customer / vendor inquiries on placement and status of orders and purchase orders, addresses any discrepancies and determines what corrective action should be taken. Provides assistance / coordination between internal SafeRack departments and external customers. Processes entries, prepares and files commercial documentation and assists with calculations/report preparation as needed.
• Enter, update and process sales orders, purchase orders, coordinating/releasing for invoicing, etc. in all systems
• Sales Calls/Email Correspondence: responds to customer or distributor questions on order status, discrepancies in billing or delivery, determining appropriate corrective action including back-up for RAM as necessary
• Field Issue / Returned Product: processes orders accordingly (warranty / replacement / repair / etc.) – distributes / releases, ensuring capture of everything as directed from First Responder
• Customer Information: assists in the entering of information for customers, distributors and updates information as necessary
• Responsibilities include: backing up operators, sending drawings, keeping all dates current, processing / distributing ad lead calls
• Responsibilities that may be assigned to individual CSRs: proofing orders, processing assigned to email distribution lists, etc.
• Other responsibilities as assigned or required
Skills and Experience Required:
• A results-oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Works well in a team environment
• Ability to problem-solve while following process guidelines
o High School Diploma or GED
o Experience with Microsoft Office – Outlook
o Experience with Microsoft Office – Word
o Experience with Microsoft Office – Excel
Levels I, II, III, and IV CSR:
The placement in each of these levels is based upon skills, product knowledge, process knowledge, performance, experience, and department contributions.
• LEVEL I CSR – Entry-level (in training) position requiring close supervision while learning scope of all job duties, processes, and products
• LEVEL II CSR – Low level position requiring moderate supervision as they apply processes to all job duties asking questions as needed while continuing on product knowledge
• LEVEL III CSR – Medium level position requiring minimal supervision as they are able to follow all processes due to a solid understanding of the responsibilities and products entailed above
• LEVEL IV CSR – High level position requiring little or no supervision as they not only have a solid understanding and follow what is listed above, they are able to assist in improving departmental processes and training of others
Other factors that will be considered in the placement into one of these levels are internal training, Individualized Plan for Employment analysis as well as the ability to perform all of the responsibilities in a proficient manner.