SafeRack produces World-Class products that are proudly made here in America. We work diligently to innovate new products and processes that drive safer, smarter, and more effective solutions. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility has been expanded multiple times over the past decade to accommodate our growth. We offer our production employees competitive pay, quarterly bonus opportunities, excellent health benefits, and a fantastic working environment. Come join our winning team!
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Packaging of product. This is to include all parts for SafeRack, Erectastep, Rollastep, YellowGate or any other parts deemed necessary for packaging by the work center lead or Production Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads production schedules, inventory reports and work orders to determine type and quantity of packages required, availability of stock and order priority. Includes but not limited to, being proactive in moving materials to work centers so operations stay productive and stacking materials in order of work flow.
- Determines and forecasts packaging material and parts shortages to inform Work Center Leader of status.
- Moves/transfers materials between stock area to production area in a neat and orderly fashion by using overhead crane, cart and/or forklift.
- Adheres to all safety regulations and requirements
- Recognizes and performs general housekeeping duties within assigned areas before, during and after each shift. Including but not limited to removing all banding, cardboard and plastic from work areas.
- Train on basic functions of machine and work center operations.
- Gather the necessary pre-cut parts and packaging material needed for the job requirements.
- Work inside the ERP system at all times and adhere to the rules set forth.
- Learn to be efficient in all processes and keep Work Center Lead updated on issues that are behind.
- Finish grinding applications using manual and power tools (if needed).
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Production Manager or Work Center Leader
SPECIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Minimum Education Required: High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum Experience Required: 1-3 months related experience and/or training
- Other Requirements: Must be able to obtain a forklift certification and crane certification or be able to pass certification tests to drive a forklift and/or crane.
- Ability to stand and walk continuously (75% or more)
- Ability to bend, stoop, twist, reach, kneel, climb and handle/manipulate frequently (25%-7%)
- Ability to lift 75-100lbs frequently (25%-75%)
- Ability to push and pull 100lbs or more frequently (25%-75%)
Description of working conditions/surroundings: Manufacturing Environment