The Field Technician initiates and manages SafeRack Construction Services projects in accordance with company guidelines and policies. This role coordinates SafeRack, Contractor and Customer resources to deliver projects that exceed written specifications and customer expectations and deliver expected revenue to SafeRack. The Field Technician may live in the region they support but extensive travel is also required. Multiple opportunities available including Texas.
JOB SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Initiates projects according to procedures established in the SCS Operations Manual to manage costs and time. Also locates where improvements can be made that benefit the customer.
• Coordinates Project manager, designer, client, and associated trades.
• Maintains project schedule in accordance with the project’s plan and meets all established milestones.
• Implements effective planning, scheduling, and management of materials and labor resources using CPM (Critical Path Method) and PERT (Performance Evaluation Reporting Technique)
• Interacts with customers concerning SafeRack equipment purchased by customer. Interaction encompasses knowledge of SafeRack equipment, explaining equipment parameters, drawing details, and maintenance requirements.
• Provides direction to contractors during installation of SafeRack equipment.
• Work may consist of actual hands-on construction tasks along with supervision of contractor personnel.
• Performs on-site inspections and troubleshoots field problems.
• Travels to job sites by driving or flying as required.
• Manages and delivers systems of uncompromising quality that exceed all written specifications and customer expectations.
• Confirms all progress according to the Field Procedure, Installation Procedure, and Task List checklists.
• Insures conformance of the equipment list, drawings, and bid specifications.
• Receives shipments if part of scope of project.
• Supervises field installation. Provides coordination with other trades for proper installation of our systems. Progress reporting to the Project Manager on jobsite conditions and installation.
• Performs acceptance tests.
• Unless otherwise noted, directs any questions regarding system design or functional capabilities from consultants, architects, and/or clients to the Project Manager.
• Documents formal acceptance of system by obtaining customer signature on the Acceptance Form.
• Produces and maintains daily, weekly, and monthly job reports
• Delivers complete documentation package including completion certificate.
• Conducts client training as required.
• Proven experience in supervising contractors and installers on both small and large, protracted projects.
• Experience using Microsoft Project or related scheduling software tools along with Word and Excel.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively to all related trades as well as to the customer.
• Proven experience managing and executing projects effectively through SafeRack, contracted and customer resources.
• Ability to read engineering drawings and fundamental understanding of construction processes and techniques.
• Must learn all aspects of SafeRack Equipment including manufacturing process, assembly, and functional use.
• Commitment to integrity and personal growth.
• Ability to sell and negotiate with customers.
• Continuous self-improvement of personal effectiveness.
• Personnel must be self-starters and able to work without supervision.
• Must be able to travel 80% or more with valid driver’s license.
• Required to have, or be able to obtain, passport to travel internationally.
• Must have ability to complete on-site testing for entrance onto job sites.