General Manager – SafeRack Construction Services (SCS)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
This position is responsible for the general management, P & L and growth of SafeRack Construction Services (SCS). They will provide overall leadership focus, coordination, and execution of the business while ensuring consistency with the company’s strategy, commitments and goals. This role reports directly to the President of the organization and has ultimate responsibility for the development, installation, service, and support of all solutions delivered by SCS as well as protecting the business from unmitigated risk events.
SCS is a strategic growth area for SafeRack, whereby the Company will achieve greater customer intimacy and revenue growth through more frequent and value-added touch points. This position requires a professional focus of strategic growth and development, coupled with tactical process execution. The successful candidate for this position can enable business growth in the 2X-3X range in the near term.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Facilitates effective processes that define project scope, goals and deliverables for potential and actual projects
• Supports sales through contact with customers, engineering firms and subcontractors
• Delivers system to track project deliverables using appropriate tools
• Track historical performance of estimates from hit rate to performance.
• Develop and maintain positive client interactions
• Assist project teams in overcoming obstacles
• Provide conflict resolution with negotiations, clients, sub-contractors and staff
• Provide oversight of project details and specifics
• Ensure accountability of project performance
• Ability to delegate to senior project managers and hold them accountable for problem resolution and project performance
• Work with executive and financial teams to establish and track business indicators such as P/L, hit rates, segment performance
• Track historical performance of estimates from hit rate to performance
• Develops and supports the Quality Assurance process, and insures quality compliance
• Assist in the recruitment of key staff and field personnel
• Provide staffing plans based on business indicators
• Constantly monitors and reports on progress to all stakeholders
• Maintains effective communication and working relationships with internal and external customers, vendors and project team members
• Minimizes business risks appropriately
• Ensures systems are in place to deliver project documents that are complete, current, and appropriately stored
• Work with field leaders to ensure adequate development and training is provided to all employees for career advancement.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent level of experience, preferably in Construction Management, Civil or Mechanical Engineering. Project Management Certification preferred
• Demonstrated (5+ years) General Management experience with P&L responsibilities, with growth and development success.
• 10+ years of Project Management Experience in the Construction industry preferred
• Project Management Certification preferred
• Experience with Project Management software tools
• Familiarity with installation contracting in industrial plants preferred
• Knowledge of, or exposure to construction laws, permits, and licenses.
• Must be a strong self-starter with a high level of drive and functions best with a broadly defined position and goals
• Must have strong organizational skills and be detailed oriented
• Must have strong leadership and people management skills and instill confidence in others
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills