Help Desk Support Intern
SixAxis designs and manufactures advanced products here in America that increase safety and boost productivity around the globe. We innovate new products and processes for our customers that drive safer, smarter, and more effective solutions. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility has been expanded multiple times over the past decade to accommodate our continued growth. Come join our team!
The position will support first level problem determination, problem recording, problem resolution and problem escalation.
Products and services include PC and Macintosh desktops (including software), IOS devices, desktop printers. The Andrews Plant and the Sumter Office are the support locations but may also help remote users.
This is a intern position.
Reports to: Infrastructure Engineer
- Equipment Setup and Deployment
- Receive new equipment and setup under guidance of IT team members
- Coordinate asset information assignments with Purchasing team
- Resolve computer support problems
- Provide first-level contact and problem resolution for users with hardware, software and applications problems.
- Courteously obtain concise problem information.
- Provide accurate and timely logging of problems and resolution in the Spiceworks ticketing system.
- Help Desk documentation, records and procedures
- Review and recommend modifications to help desk procedures
- Organize and track component and end-user IT equipment
- Assist is tracking and selling used equipment
- Experience with PC components and IOS devices
- Knowledge of basic printer troubleshooting
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, and follow-up to ensure work is successful
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
- How to setup PC, Mac and iOS device hardware and software
- Experience with IT Ticketing system priorities
- Understand End-user use of technology and how to best support them