Houston,TX- Regional Area Sales Manager
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
Drives sales growth and account penetration within assigned region by effectively selling the company’s engineered products and related services to C-Level and Executive Management. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base and contributes to the overall profitable growth of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops business plan and sales strategy for region that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability
• Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
• Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach
• Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
• Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers within the assigned region to generate new business for the organization’s products/services.
• Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
• Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
• Maintains regular contact with all clients in region to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
• Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
• Creates and delivers proposal presentations and RFP responses.
• Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
• Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups
• Analyzes the region’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers.
• Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
• Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
• Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
• Participates in trade shows and conventions.
• Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans.
• Assists/supports other Sales Team members as necessary in preparation of proposals and presentations.
• May participate on Sales project teams as needed.
• 5+ years’ experience in engineered product sales preferred
• Extensive experience in all aspects of Customer Relationship Management
• Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine effective solutions for customers
• Ability to turn leads into sales transactions
• Results-orientated and able to manage multiple projects/priorities both independently and within a team environment
• Demonstrated success in understanding customer and market dynamics and requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software
• Excellent time management skills
• Must possess valid driver’s license
• Ability to travel overnight 50%+ as required by role
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred