← Back to Current Listings
Director of Inside Sales
The Inside Sales Director is responsible for leading all inside sales activities for the company while reporting to the President.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively manages team of 15+ Inside Sales Specialists who solve customer problems and deliver world-class customer service to drive revenue.
- Sets the tone and pace for the team through leading team meetings, developing training opportunities, and selecting and managing to key metrics.
- Works with customers to find what they want, creates solutions and ensures a smooth sales process.
- Drives team approach to create environment of resourceful problem solvers.
- Develops and improves business processes to ensure success.
- Meets sales targets through effectively managing team’s handling of incoming calls, increasing out-going calls as well as answering emails and on-line chats.
- Achieves sales goals by selecting and continuously coaching team members to develop their selling and customer service skills.
- Works closely with marketing and field sales departments to maintain an understanding of the evolving market and marketing strategies.
- Builds productive relationships with field Sales Leaders, Marketing professionals, and all functions of the business.
- Analyzes competitor activities and assesses opportunities for business development.
- Drives to exceed revenue targets and KPl ‘s.
- Networks with internal leaders and external businesses to build mutually beneficial relationships.
- Attends relevant industry events and conferences to build business.
- Develops sales strategies to target new accounts.
- Follows industry news to identify opportunities for new business.
- Other responsibilities as business needs dictate.
- 10+ years’ experience in Industrial Sales or experience in related industries.
- 5+ years’ experience leading a 10+ person Inside Sales Team.
- Proven track record of growing business revenue and hitting sales targets.
- Excellent people skills and an ability to build relationships with people at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine effective solutions for customers.
- Results-orientated and able to manage multiple projects in parallel.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred.