SixAxis designs and manufactures advanced products here in America that increase safety and boost productivity around the globe. We innovate new products and processes for our customers that drive safer, smarter, and more effective solutions. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility has been expanded multiple times over the past decade to accommodate our continued growth. Come join our team!
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Responsible for set-up and operation of machines according to Standard Work Instructions (SWI), part print specifications, and work orders. Performs regular equipment inspection and measures dimensions align parts and produces parts according to production instructions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews work orders and drawings to set-up equipment according to machine programs/part specs
- Ensures priorities and tasks are aligned with production plans
- Documents daily production and machine performance data in support of the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) program
- Performs operator daily maintenance of machine and tooling as required
- Maintains a safe work environment, operates within OSHA guidelines and utilize required PPE and LOTO procedures
- Preforms first part inspections and makes all necessary machine adjustments required to guarantee the parts are dimensionally within tolerance
- Utilizes measuring devices such as protractor, vernier calipers, micrometer, thickness gage, machinist square, etc. to check and verify accuracy of work
- Makes machine/program adjustments to compensate for variation from drawing tolerances.
- Participates in daily shift meetings and reviews work orders to preform daily work
- Recommends drawing changes, equipment changes or improvements, reduces setup time and tooling costs
- Observes machine to detect malfunctions and faults and communicates observations with team lead/maintenance personnel
- Participates in Kaizen activities to support continuous improvement to identify areas for process improvement, cost and waste reduction
- Maintains tooling and machines at the Operator level in support of the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) program
- Maintains 6S workplace organization
- Other duties as business needs dictate
- High School diploma required. Associates degree in related field preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in a manufacturing related position
- Experience with mechanical equipment/machine tools preferred
- Proficient in reading drawings, geometric dimensioning and tolerances (GT&D), specifications, and standard work instructions
- Team player who lifts the performance of the entire team
- Lean manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to safely use all required hand tools
- Work in an efficient and timely manner
- May be required to obtain a fork truck drivers’ license
- Able to stand for long periods of time, lift and carry products and/or equipment of up to 50 lbs.