Maintenance Reliability Tech-Instrumentation & Controls
Overview of position:
This individual will perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, emergency repair, and equipment installations of fabrication equipment such as tube bending, end forming, tube lasers, plasma cutting, shearing equipment, press brakes, punch presses, turret presses, robotic systems and associated automation as well as facilities maintenance in conjunction with the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) program
• Receive work orders, identify faulty equipment, and acquire parts and equipment to complete repairs
• Diagnose equipment problems to find root causation and apply the correct solution per OEM guidelines and/or best practices
• Repair of production equipment from basic hydraulic equipment to complex CNC machinery, performing both electrical and mechanical work
• Repairing critical equipment, performing preventive and predictive maintenance, and completing projects such as mechanical and electrical hardware and software upgrades
• Communicating accurately any repair steps taken, parts ordered, and time estimated until completion
• Participating in daily shift meetings, prioritizing and reviewing work orders to schedule daily work as part of the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) program
• Developing Standard Work Instructions to capture best practices relative to the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) program
• Maintains a safe work environment using proper PPE, following LOTO procedures, and operates within OSHA guidelines.
• Ability to train and or provide direction to junior techs & operators by developing machine PM instruction as well as lead interval PM teams
• Understand and improve maintenance reliability metrics such as: OEE, MTBF, MTTR
• Support and Improve LEAN manufacturing processes with a focus on implementation and management of a Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) program
• Associates Degree in Industrial maintenance, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology, or comparable military experience
• 2 – 4 years of experience as a Maintenance Technician in a precision fabrication shop
• High level predictive, preventative, and repair maintenance experience required
• Experience with a Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) program
• Experience with advanced PLC, robotics, CNC repair, machine maintenance, pneumatics, hydraulics, industrial or machine based electrical, industrial lasers experience (preferable)
• Experience troubleshooting Overhead Cranes
• Specialization in Electrical or Mechanical disciplines preferred
• Ability to read technical prints (hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, PLC logic) and specification as well as geometric dimensioning and tolerances
• Ability to understand, analyze, troubleshoot and perform electronic, mechanical and hydraulic repairs used in electrical and mechanical maintenance technician work assignments
• Ability to accurately document technical data in terms of the steps taken to resolve equipment and product issues.
• Ability to understand and use I/O structure or technical trouble shooting processes
• Proficient in reading and comprehending technical information as presented in equipment manuals or in electronic media.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• CMMS/EAM experience preferred
• Excellent verbal/written communication and customer service skills
• Team player that is a highly disciplined problem-solver with a strong work ethic
• Resourceful; Able to discern who to call for assistance based on the technical situation at hand.
• Able to stand for long periods of time, lift and carry products and/or equipment of up to 50 lbs.
• Experience in an ISO9001 facility preferred
• Specific experience with Trumpf Press and Punch, BLM Laser, Robot Welding Systems is highly desired