Manufacturing Support Engineer
Overview of position:
Works with project teams to identify issues and risks with new and updated products and projects. Supports ETO (engineered to order) product development projects by integrating with Commercial groups, Design Engineers, Detailers, Quality and Operations to ensure timely, high-quality, cost effective product design(s) and introduction into manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works with internal suppliers and customers to understand design, assembly and manufacturing processes and acts as a technical expert to ensure repeatable and reproducible quality/reliability during the life of the product(s).
• Provides direction on a variety of routine technical tasks including design reviews, FMEA (Failure Modes & Effects Analysis) creation and engineering change requests.
• Applies knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials to recommend design and manufacturing improvements.
• Analyzes defect, yield, OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), and other manufacturability issues, then design and run experiments to improve design process and systems.
• Initiates new projects and acts as the Project Leader for key improvement initiatives and to identify best practices.
• Develops an understanding of the current manufacturing processes and identifies targets for improvement in operation efficiencies.
• Provides engineering support on manufacturing technical issues.
• Monitors timelines and project deliverables to ensure adherence with approved project plans.
• Develops project and process protocols and coordinate validation of products.
• Stays current with methods used in the fabrication industry.
• Ensures Information and documentation is consistently accurate
• Identifies issues and risks to ensure cost effective new product development and introductions into manufacturing
• Supports production and QA in resolving product quality issues.
• May participate in internal and external Quality Management System audits.
• Assists in manufacturing & process engineering projects for R&D and continuous improvement.
• Checks/audits drawings and programs created by other team members
• May perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or Mathematics required.
• Minimum 2 years of professional experience in Manufacturing Engineering and/or Product Engineering
• Knowledge and experience with 2D&3D design software
• On-the-job experience using AutoCAD and SolidWorks a plus
• Design for Manufacturing experience preferred
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and effectively with cross functional teams.
• Familiarity with health and safety regulations in a production environment
• Analytical thinker with excellent interpersonal skills
• Basic understanding of manufacturing processes.
• Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
• Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.