Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician
SafeRack produces World-Class products that are proudly made here in America. We innovate new products and processes that drive safer, smarter, and more effective solutions. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility has been expanded multiple times over the past decade to accommodate our continued growth. We offer production employees competitive pay, quarterly bonus opportunities, excellent benefits, and a fantastic working environment. We currently have a Multi-craft Maintenance Technician opportunity on our winning team. Come join us!
Responsible for set-up and operation of CNC and manual equipment according to Standard Work Instructions (SWI), part print specifications, and work orders. Performs regular equipment inspection and measures dimensions to produce parts according to production instructions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, repair, remove, rebuild and maintain all plant machinery, equipment and utilities
- Remove machinery and equipment, unload and install in plant area.
- Plan and lay out work
- Make functional check of machines after repair or rebuilding to assure correct machine operation and to prove tolerances of machines
- Perform general machining and welding duties as required
- Knowledge of CMMS system
- May be required to perform maintenance on heating and cooling systems and pumps.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, including lathes, mills, welding and cutting torches
- Use precision measuring instruments such as scales, squares, and micrometer
- Operation of various lifting equipment
- Experience with PLC’s, robots, presses, punches, cranes, pumps, etc. is a plus
- Works with limited supervision and self-manage priorities
- Work within Reliability and the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) environment
- May perform electrical repairs as requested
- Maintains a safe work environment, operates within OSHA guidelines and utilize required PPE and LOTO procedures
- Participates in daily shift meetings and reviews work orders to preform daily work
- Participates in Kaizen activities to support continuous improvement to identify areas for process improvement, cost and waste reduction
- Maintains 6S workplace organization
- Other duties as business needs dictate
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree in related field preferred
- Continually updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications
- Must have knowledge of shop mathematics, applied mechanics, lathes, mills, welding and cutting torches, mig/tig welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, 3 phase electrical system, VFD’s, lean manufacturing techniques, and best maintenance practices.
- Work from information such as handbook formulas, drawings, sketches and diagrams.
- Knowledge and/or experience with computerized equipment.
- Prior industrial electrical/electronics experience in manufacturing setting.
- Team player who lifts the performance of the entire team
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explores opportunities to add value
- Lean manufacturing experience preferred
- Displays respect for, and demonstrates ability to deliver quality work in a safe manner
- Work in an efficient and timely manner
- Work independently in a team environment devising new methods and meeting new conditions.
- Perform unusual and difficult work where standard methods may not be available.
- Judgment to make difficult decisions on involved and complex jobs.
- Must be fluent in the use of personal computers and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Considerable initiative, judgment and ingenuity required.
- Willingness to work overtime on a regular basis
- Able to stand for long periods of time, lift and carry products and/or equipment of up to 50 lbs.
- Inside and outside work.
- Manually lifting of up to 50 pounds on occasion (or 100 pounds with help).
- Working at heights of up to 50 feet.
- Continuous walking and climbing steps during shift.