PHP Programmer Developer
Overview of position:
The position is part of the development team that expands and enhances the systems that are part of our sales and manufacturing solutions. This role is responsible for maintenance on existing web portals, reporting, our ERP platform, and building new applications. This is an opportunity to expand your MySQL, PHP, and Linux development skills and learn new object-oriented database skills to support our package manufacturing system.
The PHP Programmer/Developer reports to the CIO and has extensive visibility to the CEO and CFO. This role also has significant exposure to the firm’s enterprise software provider, ABAS-USA, a global provider of ERP software which has among its specialties job shop manufacturing. ABAS uses a flexible user interface FOP, a proprietary 4GL language.
• Design, build and maintain a scalable enterprise platform which enhances the functionality of various features and modules for Six Axis users
• Field questions and address ABAS functionality for various internal functions and departments
• Guide and develop data base administrator roles in order to help develop broader ERP capability within the firm
• Produce clear, well-documented code and flow diagrams
• Assist in guiding development of other IT member’s execution of queries and infosystems, enhancing user reporting and analysis
• Be the resident expert for addressing how to effect change in a variety of areas such as changing of Engineering timecards, BOM’s, part number schema changes, various report modifications, etc.
• Participate with business leaders, learning business requirements and providing solutions via programming revisions / introductions which produce measures and reports in keeping with the firm’s strategic direction.
• Design programs which integrate new ventures into the firm’s core ERP platform.
• Other tasks to meet business needs.
• A results-oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to learn new programming languages
• Ability to work with a small team, including technical and non-technical members
• 4-year college degree preferred
• Programming/Development Experience:
o PHP and web development (1-4 years)
o Structured testing
o 4GL languages
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
• Analytical thinker with excellent interpersonal skills