SixAxis designs and manufactures advanced products here in America that increase safety and boost productivity around the globe. We innovate new products and processes for our customers that drive safer, smarter, and more effective solutions. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility has been expanded multiple times over the past decade to accommodate our continued growth. Come join our team
The Planner/Scheduler creates project plans, tasks, schedules, and other project information in accordance with customer expectations, both external and internal. This role schedules SafeRack Construction Services, Contractor, and Customer resources as appropriate to deliver projects per specifications and to meet customer expectations.
JOB SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review documents, such as production schedules, work orders, or staffing tables, to determine personnel and materials requirements/priorities.
- Implements effective planning, scheduling, and management of materials and labor resources using CPM (Critical Path Method) and PERT (Performance Evaluation Reporting Technique) Smart Sheet.
- Monitors all progress and changes according to the Field Procedure, Installation Procedure, and Task List checklists.
- Confers with Project Development Managers and Field Techs to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Delivers complete documentation package including completion certificate.
- Learns, understands, and interacts with the SafeRack order and manufacturing processes to more effectively plan and schedule SCS projects.
- Develops effective relationships with all internal departments to gather information and facilitate communications and action planning.
- Processes change orders as needed.
- Coordinates schedules with SafeRack shipping personnel.
- Works closely with the First Responder role to relay real-time information to and from the field technicians to maximize effective communications and minimize issues.
- Other responsibilities as business needs dictate.
- Proven experience in scheduling both small and large, protracted construction or capital projects.
- Project Management skills
- Experience using Microsoft Project or related scheduling software tools along with Word and Excel.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all SCS and SafeRack personnel as well as to the external customer.
- Skilled at communicating with sub-contractors to share scope and expectations of project.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and fundamental understanding of construction processes and techniques.
- Must learn all aspects of SafeRack equipment including assembly and functional use.
- Ability to become proficient and safe in the use of SafeRack Third Party equipment.
- Work effectively under pressure
- Committed to integrity and personal growth.
- Flexible approach and ability to multi-task and manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Continuous self-improvement and willingness to learn new techniques and processes.
- Must be self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.