The Powder Coating Specialist coordinates the application of powder coating and assures the quality and production standards for this process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, however, other duties may apply.)
• Follow all principles and practices of powder coating application
• Determine paint flow, viscosity and coating quality by performing visual inspections
• Ensure quality standards and processes are used throughout department
• Ensure safety guidelines are being met to assure a safe work environment
• Good knowledge of the mechanics of powder coating process
• Visually and check finished items for runs, bare spots, proper coverage.
• Resolve technical problems and recommend production improvements.
• Actively participate in the specification training and documentation of powder coating process.
• Operates machines or equipment used in the powder coating process
• Observes machine gauges and equipment operation to detect defects or deviations from standards as necessary
• Ability to train associates, write appropriate SOP’s and adjust speed as necessary
• Hands on preventative maintenance responsibilities
• Function as a technical liaison to drive improvements and defect reduction/resolution
• To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Strong background in powder coating
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrate the ability to work dependently
• 3+ years’ experience in powder coating
Specifications of this Position:
• Continuous mental and visual attention in making set ups and operating powder coating booth requiring constant alertness and activity.
• Ability to interpret job related instructions
• Must have ability to solve practical problems.
• Ability to troubleshoot technical issues
• Ability to perform powder coating operations independently
• Proactively identify and pursue opportunities to improve operations by reducing costs
• Mechanically inclined
• Associates Degree preferred
Apply for this Job
Join The Team
There’s something special about SixAxis. There’s a sense of pride that comes from building brands people love and making the most of ourselves as a company and as individuals. We are on a new journey of growth, building on our most formidable assets: our brands, our financial strength, our global reach, our unrivaled distribution system and the strong commitment of our management and employees worldwide. Learn More About SixAxis
What We Offer
Competitive Pay and Salaries
Company Matched 401K
Excellent Health Benefits
As market dynamics evolve, we regularly assess our benefits programs to ensure employees receive those benefits they value and are provided with diverse options that address the issues of individual and families and promote healthy lifestyles.
SafeRack is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use the online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 843-264-8096 ext.1240 or email@example.com for assistance.