Production Master Planner
Overview of position:
This position is responsible for overall planning from order promise date approval to shipping order by promise date in a high mix low volume environment. Your goal is to develop a master production plan to ensure a smooth and cost-efficient flow of production orders by optimizing resources, throughput, and inventory to ensure that customer requirements are fulfilled on time. May manage direct report(s).
• Develop master plan working closely with customer service, operations, engineering, and purchasing to fulfill customer requirements in a job shop environment
• Identify, communicate and coordinate schedule changes due to material, operational or inventory challenges. Recommend plans for alternative production schedules to include identifying constraints, alternative solutions and recovery plans.
• Plan and prioritize operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay
• Determine manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production requirements
• Develop, update and maintain data for ERP/planning system.
• Project manage custom jobs to ensure they will finish on time and within budget.
• Develop, maintain and communicate regular project status updates to the business.
• Address issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption
• Prepare and submit status and performance reports
• Collaborate with operations, purchasing, maintenance, quality, engineering and other business areas
• Supports new product launches, and coordinates materials for the final release to operations; will work closely with engineering, operations and purchasing
• Contribute to the development of best practices in planning, operations and maintenance
• Oversees the reconciliation of work orders and inventory discrepancies.
• Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
• BS in Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, or a related business or Technical field
• 8+ years of experience in discrete manufacturing production planning
• APICS CPIM (Certified Production and Inventory Management) preferred
• Excellent knowledge of production planning and quality control principles
• Experience in ERP systems
• Experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment
• Experience in production pull systems (Kanban).
• Experience in complex High Mix Low Volume/Job Shop Scheduling
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (specifically MS Excel)
• Possess the ability to handle responsibility and occasional high work-loads.
• High interpersonal and communication skills with ability to make quick decisions and work on own initiative.
• Proven leader and coach to team members
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills