Supervises production team members in a manufacturing and assembly environment. Plans, schedules, and coordinates departmental activities to fulfill sales orders, meet inventory requirements and deliver manufactured products in a timely fashion. Implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment and operating procedures and working conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plans, schedules, and coordinates departmental activities to fulfill sales orders, meet inventory requirements and deliver manufactured products in a timely manner.
• Supervises production operations such as machining, processing, and assembly
• Supports and coordinates lean manufacturing processes and procedures
• Assigns work orders/job orders to production team members
• Reviews and verifies blueprints upon receipt and distributes to proper team
• Estimates material and labor requirements for job orders
• Coordinates needed parts for use in multiple Departments
• Coordinates job orders for proper fabrications and welding processes
• Orders materials to produce job orders
• Maintains proper inventory levels of materials and tooling
• Assists with the hiring of production team members
• Performs employee reviews/evaluations, accident investigations, counseling sessions, and other personnel actions
• Assists with the training of employees in production methods and the operation of equipment
• Assists employees when necessary to complete job assignments/work orders
• Adheres to all safety regulations and requirements
• Performs general housekeeping duties within assigned area
• Performs all other duties as assigned by the Productions Manager and/or other key management
• 3 to 5 years of progressive manufacturing experience and responsibilities; 2 of which must be in a supervisory capacity
• Experience and Training in Lean Manufacturing
• BS Degree in a technical field or the equivalent in experience
• Knowledge of manufacturing methods, techniques, and related equipment for fabrication processes
• Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications
• Demonstrated knowledge of production scheduling and shop operations
• Strong leadership skills with excellent oral and written communication skills
Apply for this Job
Join The Team
There’s something special about SixAxis. There’s a sense of pride that comes from building brands people love and making the most of ourselves as a company and as individuals. We are on a new journey of growth, building on our most formidable assets: our brands, our financial strength, our global reach, our unrivaled distribution system and the strong commitment of our management and employees worldwide. Learn More About SixAxis
What We Offer
Competitive Pay and Salaries
Company Matched 401K
Excellent Health Benefits
As market dynamics evolve, we regularly assess our benefits programs to ensure employees receive those benefits they value and are provided with diverse options that address the issues of individual and families and promote healthy lifestyles.
SafeRack is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use the online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 843-264-8096 ext.1240 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.