Purchasing Specialist / Fleet Manager
This position is responsible for researching, analyzing and evaluating marketplace data on vendors and suppliers to provide business appropriate purchase recommendations. Manages a supply chain for goods, materials, or services that ensure high availability at the lowest possible total ownership cost. Acts as the primary contact to current and potential outside suppliers and manages the supply chain processes, including the development of inventory strategy, such that its effectiveness and efficiency is continually improved for a rapidly growing manufacturing company. This role also is responsible for managing a nation-wide fleet of demonstration trucks for use by the Sales organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Seeks quotes, negotiates pricing and lead-time of goods, materials, and services.
• Determines, loads and updates pricing and lead times in purchasing database.
• Follows-up on quotes to address questions and ensure timely response with all suppliers.
• Develops and maintains professional knowledge regarding market trends, supplier base, and competitive intelligence.
• Analyzes material demand and determines inventory strategy or alternative supply chain strategies.
• Evaluates, develops and on-boards new suppliers and leads supplier relationship management and maintenance efforts for existing suppliers.
• Enforces vendor adherence to contracts, purchasing policies, procedures and methods.
• Ensures uninterrupted production supply and resolves operational disputes and disruptions related to suppliers
• Communicates and coordinates supplier and inventory strategies with Operations Team that are aligned with their initiatives and metrics.
• Purchases and coordinates maintenance of vehicles
• Advises on benefits of leasing vs. owning of equipment
• Coordinates with vendors to organize efficient maintenance of assets and maintains detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspections
• Registers and licenses all vehicles
• Secures overweight permits for specialty vehicles
• Develops strategies for greater fuel efficiency and reduced maintenance costs
• Utilizes GPS systems to monitor drivers and track equipment
• Ensures all equipment in service is safe and ready to perform as intended
• Educates users of equipment on basic maintenance of equipment
• Maintains an inventory of equipment
• Performs other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
• Experience with procurement, sourcing, and expediting preferred
• Experience in fleet management preferred including but not limited to, licensing and permitting, insurance and fleet maintenance, tracking of assets, DOT laws and regulations
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Strong organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail, keen ability to follow-up
• Analytically minded and efficient
• Regimented in their routines and thorough in their work
• Proactive self-starter that is on top of their duties and a forward-looking problem solver
• Assertive individual that is also a good team player, thinking of the overall good of the larger team while being able to hold team members accountable in a constructive way
• Excellent interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication
• Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent preferred