The Quality Engineer is responsible for a wide variety of Quality process and product responsibilities including:
• Inspection and testing to ensure that manufactured products and services fulfill all customer and internal specifications and quality requirements.
• Communicating requirements, processes, and issues to a wide variety of internal resources as well as external suppliers and customers.
• Ensuring compliance and Continuous Improvement aligned with ISO9001 standard, including:
o Process capability review and development
o Enterprise audit and coaching
o Documentation and follow through for Continuous Improvement
This position is critical to customer satisfaction as it may provide the final quality measure and documentation for our product prior to delivery to our customers. No sponsorship available.
• Audits and monitors quality requirements in accordance with established processes, procedures, and customer specifications.
• Trains employees on proper inspection procedures techniques.
• Conducts first article, in-process, and final inspections/audits and assist with the returned goods/warranty process as appropriate
• Performs accurate mechanical, physical and visual inspection of raw materials, components and sub-assemblies Specification Requirements.
• Initiates Non-Conformance reports and communicates to appropriate parties
• Collects data and analyzes trending of key inspection process metrics
• Initiate corrective action, monitor status and report as needed.
• Performs process capability data collection in support of component qualification processes.
• Interprets and applies specifications to manufacturing and assembly processes.
• Ensures calibration and maintenance is performed on required/assigned equipment.
• Performs audits as required to ensure accuracy/integrity of desired process.
• Performs product identification and traceability activities as required
• Communicates with project engineering to ensure schematics are complete and in compliance with company standards
• Documents information in various databases and other internal programs; logs assembly non-conformities and generates and distributes reports
• Conducts various tests and quality checks on finished products. Ensures that all products have been tested and fall within standards, measured to specifications and within tolerances, readability of labels, etc.
• Conducts tests and quality checks for customer specific requirements. Maintains appropriate records per contract review process. Communicates accordingly with internal and external stakeholders.
• Support the established Quality Management System and all associated processes, as deemed appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Competency Requirements):
• Associate degree in Technical field, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum 3-5 years of demonstrated success and execution of Quality systems and processes in an ISO compliant, manufacturing organization.
• Minimum 3-5 years of demonstrated knowledge of inspection, measuring, and test equipment in a manufacturing organization.
• Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Office suite of products. Spreadsheet capability with statistical understanding at a minimum.
• Demonstrated understanding of geometric tolerancing and blue-print reading
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Professional approach with good business understanding
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Exceptional attention to details and ability to prioritize workload
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Fabrication experience a plus as is Customer Service interaction experience
INDIVIDUAL SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment (HSE) through continual adherence and monitoring of the SafeRack HSE Management system.
• Extensive hours standing and walking in a manufacturing environment
• Light lifting of components and materials required