The Quality Manager role develops the organization’s quality strategy and ensures that all products and processes meet all established requirements. This leader reports to the company’s President and will build the team that monitors internal process quality performance and confirms the final product has been built with compliance to legal standards and meets customer expectations and/or requirements.
The person in this role is a visual leader, change agent, and exhibits a high capacity for multitasking in a fast-paced environment. (S)He leads by example and demonstrates a strong say/do ratio in supporting all functional groups across the company.
This position is also responsible for the development, deployment, and continuous improvement of the Quality Management System and ISO9001:2015 certification.
- Interfaces with all levels of business to help drive change through strategic thinking and the ability to zoom in on details as needed
- Defines, manages and continually improves the Quality Management System (QMS) including ISO9001 in conjunction with the SixAxis Production System (SPS)
- Understands and explores customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality processes
- Reviews and standardizes control plans and, closed-loop corrective action systems
- Facilitates workshops, meetings and strategic conversations with all levels of the organization. Heavy emphasis on collaboration.
- Devises, reviews, and approves specifications for products or processes
- Establishes requirements for raw materials or intermediate products for suppliers and monitors their compliance
- Builds a team of Quality Engineers, Inspectors, Technicians and other staff and provides guidance and feedback for their development
- Oversees product development procedures to identify deviations from quality standards
- Develops the strategy to maintain accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis to enable continuous improvement
- Solicits feedback from customers to assess whether their requirements are met
- Develops detailed reports and reporting systems to monitor systems performance and provides data to take action as warranted
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and develops new efficient procedures
- Other duties as business needs dictate
- Proven experience as a quality manager leading an effective quality team
- Experience launching and managing an ISO9001 program
- 10 years professional QA/QC experience
- Demonstrated success in providing company-wide quality leadership and influencing the quality culture of the organization
- Strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to structure and facilitate strategic conversations with senior leaders
- Proven leader with extensive ability to build solid and collaborative relationships with team members, foster a productive team environment, and coach teams & colleagues
- Proficient in Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) methodologies
- Proficient in quality monitoring statistics such as process and machine capability, control charts, and SPC
- Experienced in risk analysis using Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- QMS development, deployment, and maintenance experience
- In-depth understanding of quality control procedures and relevant legal standards
- BS in Quality Engineering or related field preferred
- ISO Certified Quality Auditor credentials highly desired