Regional Area Sales Manager
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
Achieves maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products and/or related services to C-Level and Executive Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach
• Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
• Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers within the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services.
• Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
• Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
• Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
• Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
• Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups
• Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customer’s value to the organization.
• Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
• Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products/services.
• Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
• Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
• Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
• Participates in trade shows and conventions.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
• Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred
• Experience: 7-10 years of experience in the manufacturing or service sector is preferable.
• Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers.
• Must be results-orientated and able to manage multiple projects/priorities both independently and within a team environment.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software.
• Excellent time Management Skills
• Ability to turn leads into sales transactions
• Must possess valid driver’s license
• Ability to travel as required by role.