Robotic Welder Operator
SixAxis designs and manufactures advanced products here in America that increase safety and boost productivity around the globe. We innovate new products and processes for our customers that drive safer, smarter, and more effective solutions. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility has been expanded multiple times over the past decade to accommodate our continued growth. Come join our team
Overview of position:
As a Robotic Welder Operator, you are responsible for operating and attending to one or more robotic welding cells at the same time. You will operate the robotic welding cells according to Standard Work Instructions (SWI), part print specifications and work orders. Your detail, safety, and attentiveness are critical to regular equipment inspection and the ability to measure dimensions, align parts and produce parts according to production instructions.
- Follow instruction from Team Lead to ensure priorities are aligned with the production plans
- Produce assemblies of metal work pieces to quality and efficiency standards, including repetitive lifting and placing metal work pieces into fixtures.
- Oversee robotic welders during the automated operations
- Perform quality checks as prescribed to ensure conformance to specifications
- Touch-up welds that are not to specifications
- Load weldments onto powder coat line for cleaning and/or powder coating
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering on weld changes and re-program robotic welder as needed
- Ensure parts are manufactured or processed in accordance with production plans and that production output targets are met.
- Document daily production and machine performance data in support of the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) program
- Performs operator daily maintenance of machine and tooling as required
- Maintains a safe work environment, operates within OSHA guidelines and utilize required PPE and LOTO procedures
- Preform first part inspections and make all necessary machine adjustments required to guarantee the parts are dimensionally within tolerance
- Utilize measuring devices such as protractor, Vernier calipers, micrometer, thickness gage, machinist square, etc. to check and verify accuracy of work & the ability to make machine/program adjustments to compensate for variation form drawing tolerances.
- Participating in daily shift meetings and reviewing work orders to preform daily work
- Recommend drawing changes, equipment changes or improvements, reduce setup time and tooling costs
- Observes machine to detect malfunctions and faults & communicate observations with team lead/maintenance tech
- Participate in Kaizen activities to support continuous improvement to identify areas for process improvement, cost and waste reduction
- Maintains tooling and machines at the Operator level in support of the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) program
- Maintains 55 workplace organization in support of the SPS Lean Program
- High School diploma required. Associates degree in related field preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in a manufacturing related position
- Experience with mechanical equipment/machine tools preferred
- Proficient in reading drawings, geometric dimensioning and tolerances (GT&D), specifications, and standard work instructions
- Ability to MIG weld preferred
- Experience operating robotic welders including ABB robots preferred
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Team player
- Lean manufacturing experience preferred
- Be able to safely use all hand tools required
- Work in an efficient and timely manner
- May be required to obtain a fork truck drivers’ license
- Able to stand for long periods of time, lift and carry products and/or equipment of up to 50 lbs.