Latest update: June 15, 2018
Each legal entity of SixAxis which collects or uses your personal data for the purposes of its own business is acting as the controller and agrees to implement appropriate measures to ensure the protection, confidentiality and security of the personal data of any data subject from whom such data are collected, in accordance with legal requirements and, in particular, European Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of personal data (“GDPR”) and national laws applicable within the European Union.
- Data Collected
- Purposes of Collection
- Data Recipients
- Data Retention
- Data Sharing
- Rights to Your Data
- Links to Third-Party Websites
- Contact Us
- Changes to Policy
The purpose of this privacy and data protection policy (hereinafter the “Data Protection Policy”) describes how we collect, use, and share personal data we obtain from users of SixAxis websites and to inform you about the commitments made by SixAxis to ensure your personal data are respected and protected.
This Data Protection Policy applies to all processing of personal data implemented by SixAxis, acting as the controller in relation to external persons (hereinafter “you”), including but not limited to clients, prospects, customers, partners, job applicants, users of our products and services, suppliers, service providers and Internet users.
“Controller”: the legal entity which determines the purposes of such processing and the means implemented.
“Personal data”: any information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify a natural person
“Processing”: operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data, such as collection, recording, use, transmission or disclosure.
“Processor”: the legal entity which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
3. Data Collected
SixAxis only collects and processes personal data that is relevant, adequate, not excessive and strictly necessary in relation to the purposes previously determined. SixAxis takes all useful measures to ensure that your data are accurate, complete and, where necessary, kept up to date.
SixAxis agrees to obtain the consent of the data subjects whenever consent is required and to inform them of the processing of their data.
We process personal data concerning you and which you have provided to us in the following contexts in particular:
- When you browse our websites;
- When you are customer or purchaser of our products and services;
- When you get in touch with us to ask us a question or get a quote;
- When you give your consent to receive our newsletters and other commercial information from us;
- When you wish to apply for a job offer at SixAxis;
In these contexts, SixAxis may collect and process the following personal data:
- Your identity: full name, your function or job title and company you work for or represent;
- Your contact details: postal address, email, phone number;
- Your transactions and payment information: details of the product and services transaction, payment methods, shipping methods, terms and other fulfillment and customer relation information;
- Your job application information: Resume/CV, cover letter, EEOC compliance information such as gender and ethnicity, disability and veteran status, and interview notes;
- Your technical and browsing information on our websites (please see section 8 below on cookies);
- Any other information you directly and voluntarily provide to us in the course of your use of our websites and services you may enter into with us.
SixAxis may ask you to provide certain personal data for direct marketing/ communication purposes. You may give your free and explicit consent or not for the collection and processing of your personal data by checking a consent box on website contact forms.
You agree that the personal data you provide about yourself to SixAxis will be current, accurate, complete and unequivocal.
4. Purposes of Collection
Your data may be processed for the following purposes in particular:
- To handle any questions, quotes or requests you may have;
In this context, the legal ground for the processing is either the performance of the contract if the request or complaint concerns the contractual relationship between you and SixAxis, or else the legitimate interest of SixAxis, more specifically our interest in having clear communications with you and in understanding your needs and expectations.
- To process your transactions, orders, and your payments;
In this context, the legal ground for the processing is either to fulfill and deliver products or services between you and SixAxis and the management of your transactions and payments.
- To manage the contractual relationship with our clients, service providers and partners (management of the contract, orders, deliveries, invoices, public relations, etc.);
In this context, the legal ground for the processing is the performance of the contract between you and SixAxis.
- To inform you about products, services and commercial information about us;
In this context, the processing is based on the legitimate interest of SixAxis, and more specifically our interest to inform you of offers, products, industry information, services and general information about our company.
- To analyze your browsing on our websites and improve the use of our websites (see section 8 below on cookies);
- In this context, the legal ground for the processing is the legitimate interest of SixAxis, and more specifically our financial interest in continually improving our websites and our services and in understanding your needs in order to be able to meet your expectations.
- To handle your job application submitted online on one of our websites.
In this context, the legal ground for the processing is the legitimate interest of SixAxis, more specifically our interest in responding to your job applications and finding suitable profiles for the positions available within SixAxis.
5. Data Recipients
SixAxis only discloses your personal data to determined authorized recipients, in compliance with applicable rules.
SixAxis can provide access to your personal data to the brands of its company, to local government authorities or bodies, to its partners and to its possible third-party service providers, acting as processors, for the provision of services in connection with SixAxis’s services and IT applications (such as hosting, storage, analytical, data processing, database management or IT maintenance services). These third-party providers will act only on the instructions of SixAxis and will only have access to your personal data to achieve the purposes pursued upon collection of such data and shall be under the same security and confidentiality obligations as SixAxis.
SixAxis agrees to obtain your prior consent, in particular via an opt-in mechanism (box to be checked), before disclosing your data to partners for direct marketing purposes.
In addition, your personal data may be disclosed on the following grounds:
- In the context of a merger or acquisition of all or part of SixAxis by a third party, as is hereby accepted by you;
- In response to legal or administrative proceedings of any kind or enforcement measures requested by the competent authorities;
- To comply with legal obligations, protect the rights and/or safety of an individual, protect the rights and property of SixAxis, including the need to ensure that this Data Protection Policy is respected and to prevent any technical, security or fraud-related issues.
6. Data Retention
SixAxis will keep your personal data for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which they are collected and processed. SixAxis may, however, keep your personal data for a longer period for accounting and customer relations, or whenever there is a legal obligation for us or to take into account the applicable statute of limitation period to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
In defining an appropriate data retention period, SixAxis relies in particular on the following criteria:
- Data as defined in Data Collected Section in accordance with applicable statute of limitation periods;
- Data on the management of the commercial relationship with our service providers and partners are kept for the entire period of the contractual relationship, then in accordance with applicable statute of limitation periods;
- When you agree to receive marketing communications, SixAxis will keep your personal data until you indicate that you no longer wish to receive such communications, or otherwise for the period defined by applicable legislation;
- When your data are collected in the context of requests/queries relating to IT services and applications, SixAxis will keep your data for the period necessary to process such requests or queries;
- Job application files can be kept up to 3 years from the date of last contact with the applicant, unless the applicant agrees to a longer period; in such case, the data can be archived in accordance with the applicable statute of limitation periods.
SixAxis will ensure the security of your personal data through a data protection system that uses physical and logical security measures.
9. Data Sharing
SixAxis may share your personal data with our affiliates (i.e., affiliated businesses and operating companies) and third party service providers (including contractors who provide services to us) for the purposes as outlined in Sections 3 and 4 above.
We may share or transfer your personal data to a third party if SixAxis enters into, or is involved in, a business transaction such as a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of some or all of its assets.
10. Rights to Your Data
Under applicable data protection legislation, users within the European Union have certain rights regarding the collection and processing of your personal data, namely:
- A right to be informed: you have the right to be informed in a concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible form about the way in which your personal data are processed.
- A right of access: you have the right to obtain (i) confirmation as to whether personal data concerning you are processed or not and, if processed, to obtain (ii) access to such data and a copy thereof.
- A right to rectification: you have the right to obtain the rectification of any inaccurate personal data concerning you. You also have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- A right to erasure: in some cases, you have the right to obtain the erasure of personal data concerning you. However, this is not an absolute right and SixAxis may have legal or legitimate grounds for keeping such data.
- A right to restriction of processing: in some cases, you have the right to obtain restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- A right to data portability: you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to SixAxis, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from SixAxis. This right only applies when the processing of your personal data is based on your consent or on a contract and such processing is carried out by automated means.
- A right to object to processing: you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you when such processing is based on the legitimate interest of SixAxis. SixAxis may, however, invoke compelling legitimate grounds for continued processing. When your personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of such data. You may, in particular, exercise that right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of any messages received.
- A right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority: you have the right to contact a supervisory authority (in France, the CNIL) to complain about SixAxis’s personal data protection practices.
- A right to give instructions concerning the use of your data after your death (this right applies in France): you have the right to give SixAxis instructions concerning the use of your personal data after your death.
To exercise these rights, you can send a request to the following address: SixAxis, Data Protection Officer, 219 Safety Avenue, Andrews, South Carolina, 29510, or an email to Privacy@SixAxisLLC.com, together with a copy of your identity document.
11. Links to Third-Party Websites
While browsing our websites, you may come across content containing links to third-party applications and websites. SixAxis has no control over the cookies or other functions used by such third-party applications and websites, and any personal data processing that may be implemented by such applications and websites are not governed by this Data Protection Policy.
Accordingly, it is up to you to directly contact and/or visit such third-party applications and websites to obtain further information on their data protection guidelines.
12. Contact Us
If you would like more information about this Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy, please contact: Privacy@SixAxisLLC.com.
SixAxis has also appointed a Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted at:
SixAxis, Data Protection Officer, 219 Safety Avenue, Andrews, South Carolina, 29510
13. Changes to Policy
SixAxis may update this Data Protection Policy at any time to reflect possible new practices and service offers. In such case, the date of the Data Protection Policy will be updated and indicate the date when such changes were made. We invite you to check for any possible updates of this Data Protection Policy, which will be published on the websites of SixAxis. If SixAxis makes any changes it considers substantial, you will be informed by a notice posted on our websites.
This Policy may be updated at any time, so we advise you to check for updates from time to time.